Queen of 117

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 30, 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Yikes! It has been quite a while since I last posted. We have been really busy in Room 117!

1. We are prepping for our Christmas Show! It is titled, "The North Pole Goes Rock and Roll". Santa feels as though he is not cool anymore, so he sports a leather jacket and buys a motorcycle. We are working hard on lyric memorization and even a bit of choreography! 


2. We just finished our math unit on money. We learned how to count on and how to subtract to make change. I told the students about my high school job as a cashier. I worked at a hallmark and many of my customers were little old ladies. I told the kids that they would NOT be happy if I gave them the wrong change. This silly story really resonated with the kids so we printed out the picture below of this little old lady, as a key reminder of the 2 ways to make change. 3rd graders usually confuse nickels and dimes when counting multiple coins, so we did some extra practice with nickel/dime counting!


3. We have been studying continents in SS. This catchy song is stuck in all our heads! It really helps to see the location on the map while singing. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy7e_KAUz7s

This was a quick post, but gives you a little insight into what we have been up to! Hopefully, I can be a bit more detailed after our program and the craziness of the holiday season!


I am so thankful for a sweet class full of smarties! We are having a great year and I appreciate all their hard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment